Have you ever wondered what happens when Citrix Receiver is reset? There are times when Receiver needs a bit of love and care from the Citrix admins. I came across an issue recently where I had to reset Receiver client and thought I should put this down on what gets removed and what gets retained for future reference.
Resetting Receiver to factory defaults removes the following items:
- All accounts and stores.
- All apps delivered by the Self-Service Plug-in, along with their icons and registry keys.
- All file type associations created by the Self-Service Plug-in.
- Cached files and saved passwords.
- Per-user registry settings that are user preferences and, for per-machine installations, all user-specific registry settings.
- NetScaler Gateway registry settings for Receiver.
Resetting Receiver does not impact the following items:
- Receiver or Plug-in installation.
- Per-machine ICA lockdown settings.
How do you reset Receiver?
You can also use the command line interface to reset Receiver or try and create a script for the same:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\CleanUp.exe" -cleanUser"
Right click the Receiver icon in the notification area and select Advanced Preferences
In the dialog, select Reset Receiver and click OK
Quick shout out to Trishanka Saikia from Citrix Technical Support for this info.
I came across this super informative document from Citrix detailing the setup of Citrix access on iPads and other iOS devices. The document has been written for the older version of Netscaler and XenDesktop versions but i would think there isnt much changes in terms of configuration so is worth a look.
- Windows Desktops delivered to iPhone, iPod or iPad
- Windows Applications delivered to iPhone, iPod, iPad
- ICA Proxy for Citrix Receiver iPhone, iPod & iPad
- ICA Proxy for XenApp & XenDesktop
- ICA Proxy for NetScaler Access Gateway Enterprise Edition – AGEE
- Citrix NetScaler L4/7 Application Switch, version 9.1 build 101.5+ running Access Gateway (Quantity x 2 for High Availability)
- Citrix XenApp Server 5.0+ or XenDesktop 4.0+
- Microsoft Server with Active Directory
- iPhone Configuration Utility
- Citrix Receiver for iPhone v2.1+
The document can be downloaded here citrix_agee_icaproxyxaxdreceiver.pdf
Here is Citrix’s KB on the receiver client downloads. i thought it would be useful to share. Cheers
A lot of times, i have found it difficult to find the Citrix Receiver client with Legacy PNa functionality in Citrix downloads site. Citrix did also removed the legacy version of the 3.3 receiver for a while but is back again so here it is
Citrix Receiver Enterprise 3.4 with Legacy PNa agent
Citrix Receiver Enterprise 3.3 with Legacy PNa agent