Have you ever wondered what happens when Citrix Receiver is reset? There are times when Receiver needs a bit of love and care from the Citrix admins. I came across an issue recently where I had to reset Receiver client and thought I should put this down on what gets removed and what gets retained for future reference.
Resetting Receiver to factory defaults removes the following items:
- All accounts and stores.
- All apps delivered by the Self-Service Plug-in, along with their icons and registry keys.
- All file type associations created by the Self-Service Plug-in.
- Cached files and saved passwords.
- Per-user registry settings that are user preferences and, for per-machine installations, all user-specific registry settings.
- NetScaler Gateway registry settings for Receiver.
Resetting Receiver does not impact the following items:
- Receiver or Plug-in installation.
- Per-machine ICA lockdown settings.
How do you reset Receiver?
You can also use the command line interface to reset Receiver or try and create a script for the same:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\CleanUp.exe” -cleanUser”
Right click the Receiver icon in the notification area and select Advanced Preferences
In the dialog, select Reset Receiver and click OK
Quick shout out to Trishanka Saikia from Citrix Technical Support for this info.